VMware Vets Launch Private Cloud Startup Platform9, Raise $4.5M
Delivered as a service, Platform9's solution turns enterprise servers, network and storage resources into private cloud. Read More
UK Startup ClusterHQ Makes Docker Containers Data-Aware
Open source Flocker is a container management tool built to make data-backed containerized services easier to implement. Read More
Start Jenkins on Fedora 20
Installing Jenkins on Fedora 20 is quite easy thanks to the available Red Hat packages , but I ran into problems when I tried to start Jenkins. Here are the installation steps I followed: wget -O /etc/yum.repos.d/jenkins.repo http://pkg.jenkins-ci.org/redhat/jenkins.reporpm --import…
Microservices and the First Law of Distributed Objects
When I wrote Patterns of Enterprise Application Architecture, I coined what I called the First Law of Distributed Object Design: "don't distribute your objects". In recent months there's been a lot of interest in microservices, which has led a few people to ask whether…
What Infrastructure and Operations Has to Do With DCIM (Hint: A lot!)
Gartner IT Infrastructure & Operations Management Summit provided some food for thought for Nlyte's Matt Bushell. Learn more about his key takeaways in this Industry Perspective. Read More
httpry 0.1.8 available for RHEL and CentOS 7
Red Hat Enterprise Linux and CentOS 7 users can now install httpry 0.1.8 in EPEL 7 Beta . The new httpry version is also available for RHEL/CentOS 6 and supported Fedora versions (19, 20, 21 branched, and rawhide). Configuring EPEL on a RHEL/CentOS server is easy. Follow the instructions on…
BGP Routing Table Size Limit Blamed for Tuesday's Website Outages
Many service providers experience outages, causing downtime for hosting firms and customer websites. Read More






0 comments:
Post a Comment