Monday, November 4, 2013

  • The "network partitions are rare" fallacy

    The "network partitions are rare" fallacy : Kelly Sommers: Partitions in distributed systems is about availability not about networkinfrastructure. Many things can cause a node to be unavailable to a segmentof other nodes. Original title and link: The "network partitions are rare"…

  • ESPN's Architecture at Scale - Operating at 100,000 Duh Nuh Nuhs Per Second

    ESPN went on air in 1978 . In those 30+ years think of the wonders we've seen! When I think of ESPN I think of a world wide brand that is the very definition of prime time. And it shows in their stats. ESPN.com peaks at 100,000 requests per second. Their peak event is, not surprisingly, the World…

  • The AWS Report - Peng Zhao of MadeiraCloud

    In the latest episode of The AWS Report, I spoke with Peng Zhao, CTO of MadeiraCloud, to learn more about their WYSIWYG design tool for AWS. We spoke about how and why they built it, and what their customers are...

0 comments:

Post a Comment